Professionalism with a Personal TouchSeptember 19, 2018
Winter Cold Often Brings Mold!November 16, 2018
Even a “mild” Pennsylvania winter can wreak havoc on a basement. The freeze/thaw cycle threatens to crack the foundation and melting snow can find its way in. That’s why fall is the perfect time to be proactive and ensure that your basement is ready for the upcoming winter months. Better to prevent a disaster than deal with a disaster, right? But what can be done to protect your basement before the frigid temperatures kick in and the precipitation accumulates?
- Make sure your downspouts are directing water away from your home. Ideally, they should be at least six feet away from your home’s foundation.
- Check for moisture. Any signs of moisture could indicate leaking pipes or cracks in the foundation.
- Test your sump pump to make sure it is in working order! And if you don’t have a sump pump, now is the time to have one installed!
- Ensure that the land around your home is graded away from the building. If it is not, landscaping can help to reverse the problem.
- Remove debris and leaves from sewer grates.
- Get those gutters cleaned out! In the fall season, they’re like to get backed up with leaves.
- Inspect your windows and make sure they’re not cracked. Be sure to inspect the caulking as well.
D-Bug Waterproofing is your expert for making sure your basement is ready for the winter months. Don’t wait for winter to strike! Our experts are ready to protect your basement for the upcoming winter and many seasons to come!
When it comes down to it, 79 years in business serving local families is our most powerful testimonial. At D-Bug, we earn our reputation every day! D-Bug Waterproofing is the place to call at 1-855-381-1528, or visit our Contact Us page today!